Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I tried using my internet this morning and when i opened up the mozilla firefox browser it didnt connect to the server, i then tried with internet explorer the same thing happened. I am connected locally and to the internet, it just doesnt seem the load the server when i use the internet.

I did leave my pc and internet on over last night as i was downloading, im not sure whether this may have caused the problem!

One thing that is strange is that i play some multiplayer online games which i have a client for (this also will ont let me connect) but i use a talking system when playing called teamspeak and i can connect to that! dont know why though!

I tried swapping my ethernet connection to another computer in the house and it works perfectly, which leads me to think something is wrong with my laptop. I then tried a system restore that failed! so i opted to scan the whole computer, whilst doing this i tried openning up firefox again and a message popped up from AVG say "Threat Detected" so im assuming that i have some kind of virus which is blocking my path to the internet!

Anybody got any other ideas or help on what i can do? As i said i am currently running a AVG whole computer scan.

Matt

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right,

I ran the SUPERspyware download, it detected around 145 threats (i think) and quarantined them.

So that was pretty helpful, however, i then tried loading firefox and explorer up and the problem still remains.

Im currently running the malware one!

Matt

·
Registered
145 Posts
ok go to your command prompt and ping google or something.
type 'ping google.co.uk'

and see if it responds

edit
i don't want to insult your intelligence but go into internet explorer then click file and make sure 'work offline' is unchecked, if you haven't done already

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol looked to see if i was working offline ages ago!

Dont worry resolved to problem, DNS servers, i have to switch it to obtain IP automaitcally, as it had a random one in

Thanks for all your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.