Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a wireless xbox networking adaptor, and the blueray player has built in wireless. Now, whenever I try to connect one of the devices, it see my physical connection, but it give me problems connecting. I get an error message, saying its unable to connect. When I try connecting it gives me the name of the wifi in my home, and allows to type in the password but it doesn't allow me to connect. I don't know if its the settings on my wireless but it allows me to connect my ipod, and all laptops in my home (4 of them). I have an ethernet cord, but the wireless router is in the basement, and too far away from my xbox.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
65,526 Posts
can you post the ipconfig /all from one of the working laptops and then also post the xbox settings and also the bluray settings

What type od security do you have on the router - try removing that and see if you connect with no security as a test - if so then we can see if we can get the security to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.