Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer Netscape over IE. I started with Netscape and find it easier to use. I have downloaded the most current Netscape 7.1 but I also have the Communicator (4.5) . The problem is that when I get mail at my yahoo address, if I click on the icon it will go to the 4.5 rather than the 7.1. i HAVE TO CLICK ON THE 7.1 AND GO TO THE YAHOO PAGE THAT WAY. I have Windows XP but it will not acknowledge the 7.1. I also just added a MICRO innovations keyboard and it also does the same thing. I don't want to delete the 4.5 because some things I can only get IF i GO TO THE 4.5 of that Communicator.It will not automatically open up on my startup page in the 7.1. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
57,788 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
To make Netscape 7 your default browser, go to Edit > Preferences > Navigator and on the right, click on Set Default Browser.

Why do you need two versions of Netscape. I would suggest, get rid of the older one. It wasn't worth it. The newer one is far better.

Hi Hewee!! We keep meeting in all Netscape posts :)

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
AbvAvgUser,

I have netscape 7 as my default but still so of my other programs that use IE or netscape I think picks out you default when you install there program and if you don't have an option within those program to change it it will still use the only setting it knows anout and that was nescape 4.x. Plus if those program were not made to know about netscape 7 then that may also be why. Same goes with some programs using IE and I have no way of changing things.
I hate it when I am using there program and you click on help to upgrade or go to there web site and it will open IE or netscape 4.
But like I said some of the programs were installed before I installed netscape 7.

Yea I too need to do away with version 7. But keeping it around to look back at to help others out.

He hee great to know a netscape user AbvAvgUser.:)

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
There was sit that had tons of netscape icons but I can't find it. I tried all the bookmarks but some are dead and many have change there sites around.
But I remember when everyone used netscape. You got a new PC and it came with netscape, IE, AOL and others. For people that did not use AOL most everyone used netscape because IE sucked.
Then MS got to where they did not like that and put a stop to the PC companys adding netscape in the software you got with your new PC so anyone that got a new PC did not have netscape on it so they used IE.
My ISP I had only used Netscape or did so for years and years. Pacbell was who they were but then they became SBC and then SBC/Yahoo. I don't know what software they give out and support now because I don't install any ISP software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.