Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a netodragon 56K voice modem. I would like to update the software driver, when I hit update driver in Device Manager, it tells me I need the disk. Don't have the disk as far as I can tell. Did a search, nothing found. The only information is Netodragon 56K voice modem, version 3.40.3.0. found this by using Device Manager/modems. Nothing about it nowhere. Went to drivers update site, they had different versions of the driver, don't want to download the wrong one. Any way of getting more information out of the computer? Did the windows and program files thing, nothing there. Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Any particular reason you want to update it?

To properly identify the modem you may be best off opening the case and looking for a model number on the modem itself.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I wanted to update the driver is it was one of the things recommended by my ISP cause I keep on getting link failed sometimes. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries before connecting. Ran PC doctor, found nothing. Sometimes it works great, other times it sucks. AS far as opening it up and looking inside, No idea on what or where. Do not know a single thing about the inside of a computer. They blame it maybe on the weather, line distance, bad line, driver update, etc. They said they ran a check and it did show my line linking off quite a bit. Don't plan on messing with it unless it gets so bad I can't connect at all.

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
90% of those problems are because the isp has oversold for inadequate phone lines, and are never honest to the consumer...it clears up when they order more phone lines.Best way to fix problem is move to another isp, problem is who knows who has enough dialup lines in your area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.