Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using Nero 6.6, and I was wondering if there was a way to record a portion of audio from a DVD onto a CD so that it would play on a standard CD player? I tried what I thought might work, but it recorded the scene as an .mp4 and wouldn't work on the CD player. I know it's not a copyguard problem because I was able to record the DVD onto another DVD. Or if Nero won't do it, can anybody recommend a program that would work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Nero will do what you want but you need to create and 'Audio CD' out of your mp4 file in the start up options. If you just burn the mp4 to disc, so the disc has an mp4 on it, then it won't play on any CD player - it needs to be converted and Nero will do the converting automatically when you choose the 'Audio CD' option.
Nero will also close the CD so if you only have the one song then you won't be able to add to the CD later, fill the CD up before burning if you can - but CD's are cheap anyway ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.