Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Have an assignment to make a 3 fold brochure. can any of you guys help me with trying to find appropriate websites/forums to get innovative ideas. i have a deadline to meet and it would really be great if anyone of u guys who have already created or knows how to make one guide me in the right direction. any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

the ideal thing would be if someone could suggest the right software and then things can go from there on.

thanks a lot for the help.

regards

sid

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
siddhantam123 said:
i have all that u mentioned.........interested to know if there are any softwares which would make life easier.
There is software available but assuming you don't want to spend money on a one-time homework assignment this is what i would do:

Open Word and set the Page Setup to landscape and margins to 0.5" all around (less if your printer will handle it). Then click on the toolbar Format > Columns and choose three columns, setting the column widths. First uncheck the box for "Equal column width". Then set the column width and spacing:
Col #1 width: 2.66, spacing 1.01
Col #2 width: 2.66, spacing 1.01
Col #3 width 2.66, (spacing the rest)
(This works on my HP 882C printer with 8-1/2X11 paper... you may need to experiment).

To force which column your text or pictures go into, click View > Print Layout. Then to move to another column, click Insert > Break > Column Break. After doing that for the second and third columns you can use your mouse cursor to move between the three columns after that without the extra steps.

You'll need to make two three column pages, print one, reinsert the paper and print the other for two sides.

Not an elegant solution, but cheap. :)

Edit: The toolbars for left/right/center, colors, fonts, etc... will operate on the selected text and pictures in the column you are working in... not on the whole document.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Since there are Word templates already created to do this, it seems like an easy way to go.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks a lot for all the replies. I would want to appreciate each one of you who wanted to help me including Frank4d, JohnWill, Triple6 and letchworth :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

you guys rock

will start working now

thanks once again

·
Registered
885 Posts
You are totally correct, templates are available-- I love the freedom of "not having to color within the lines" all the time; desktop publishing programs allow me that freedom.

I have friends who create great tri-fold brochures all the time in Word; I don't like straight-jackets (although they have been recommended for me upon occasion).

To each his own--- and I'm glad I have that option (& don't necessarily have to use M$ versions for everything).

letchworth

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.