Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, im new to this site my friend gave me a link to this place, said it had great tech help. I have 2 computers one of them is a newer model a HP Pavilian a522n with xp on it. And I have an older computer a HP Pavilian 4533 with 98 on it. I just recently bought wow(world of warcraft) and I installed it on my main computer. My wife have gotten to luv the game also so I decided to install it on my other computer with he 98 but i had problem because it said my installer was messed up so I couldnt download it from the discs.
I tried to download it from the site but i couldnt get the complete download without problems. Then while I was on their site I ran across this on tech forum ill just paste it

One way to get WoW on your computer is if you have another computer - you can copy and paste the WoW folder between computers. I do it back and forth between my desktop and laptop.

Well I really dont know how to do this and would really appreciate if someone would walk me through this. Imma alittle computer Illiterate so you might have to speak kindergarden to me when you explain it to me but it really help me out.

thanx in advance

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Welcome to the TSG forums!

First question is can the older computer even run that game. The machine has to meet the minimum requirements to work properly.

Here are the minimums for WOW:

Windows® System 2000/XP OS:

* Intel Pentium® III 800 MHz or AMD Athlon 800 MHz
* 512 MB or more of RAM
* 32 MB 3D graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting, such as NVIDIA® GeForce™ 2 class card or above
* DirectX® 9.0c (included) and latest video drivers
* 6.0 GB available HD space
* 4x CD-ROM drive
* A 56k or better Internet connection

As you can see, Win98 is not capable of running the game.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I checked around a little more, and every site that shows 'minimum requirements for world of warcraft' indicates Windows 2000/XP is required. It does not indicate support for Win98.

Sorry man.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I understand this, and I can always add more memory and ram to make it better, but I just wanted to get it on the other computer because I dont know how to do it. So If anyone can please help me I would really appreciate it. I know that it might not play well but I will know how to do it in when I upgrade my older computer I will know how to do it for myself.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
MistahNickells said:
I know that it might not play well but I will know how to do it in when I upgrade my older computer I will know how to do it for myself.
Unfortunately, it's not just a matter of it 'not playing well'. If the OS isn't supported, it won't play at all.

The only way to get it to work on the old machine is to upgrade to either Windows 2000 or Windows XP.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
MistahNickells said:
I understand this, and I can always add more memory and ram to make it better, but I just wanted to get it on the other computer because I dont know how to do it. So If anyone can please help me I would really appreciate it. I know that it might not play well but I will know how to do it in when I upgrade my older computer I will know how to do it for myself.
Memory and ram are the same thing.
You copy folder mentioned in earlier post to removable storage then transport to other computer and save it there.
I don't recommend doing so. If an operating system isn't supported, ram isn't going to change anything.
Hint:
If you don't like me because of my personality, changing my looks will not make you like me, I will still have the same personality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.