Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've put up with it for awhile, but now I realize that sound is a good thing for computers to have :D. Ok, my computer seems to think that there is a sound card in the PCI slot, and keeps looking for drivers for it. There is no sound card in the slot, I have onbaord sound. The only things I have in the PCI slots are a D-Link network card and a Nvidia video card. I already have the drivers installed for them the proper way too, so I don't know why it would be thinking that one of them is a sound card. How do I get my computer to recognize the onboard sound?

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
Your file has no extension, you need to add the .bmp as the extension.

The soundcard that is being picked up is almost certainly the onboard sound. There are usually identified as a PCI Multimedia Controller because they are connected to the PCI Bus in the Computer. To find the right driver you must go to the motherboard manufacturers site and download the appropriate driver for your intergrated sound. If its an HP then look up your machine model number.

·
Registered
10,673 Posts
Some MB assign onboard features to PCI slots. For example, if there was onboard SCSI, it would use one of the PCI slots, even though the slot was empty. You might be able to control this through the BIOS.

Just install the new drivers and you should be fine ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.