Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to find what I need using Google, but I can't seem to use the right wording in their search.

My property has many features, some encompassing small areas and others many acres. I would like to make a "map" or outline. I would be esp. interested in the area surrounding the house which has several garden plots and grassy areas.

Your suggestions for possible wording for a search or actual programs will be appreciated.

{redoak}

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I googled "map making software" and came up with this. There is a free (gratis) version and a pro version ($400), but I have the impression the free version will work for what you need. Hope this helps.

Raybro

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the replies! I will now proceed with checking out the suggestions.

"S--": I want to make a scaled "drawing" of the area around and including the house, outlining the various plots of ground and the uses thereof. Distant friends often ask me where my garden plots are, etc., and I would like to be able to e-mail them a "file."

{redoak}

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Many thanks for the replies! I will now proceed with checking out the suggestions.

"S--": I want to make a scaled "drawing" of the area around and including the house, outlining the various plots of ground and the uses thereof. Distant friends often ask me where my garden plots are, etc., and I would like to be able to e-mail them a "file."

{redoak}
If you create a map "file" using the program I found, it's likely whoever you send it to will need the same program that created it to open it.

Raybro

·
Gone but never forgotten
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As my signature says, "Thankful for TSG!"

I am very grateful for the attention given to my Thread! It will take me a while to check all the possibilities now before me. Right now I am engaged in time consuming chores, as well as my favorite hobby of gardening, here at "The Farm."

I invite you to take a look at my website to see "my place." My 'sig' gives a link.

{redoak}

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.