Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first time posting so sorry if my format is wrong. I keep on getting the blue screen (the third time in two hours) and it's making it really hard for me to complete my paper. Not sure what is causing this since I haven't really done much recently with the laptop. I posted the details of the blue screen on the bottom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002422B81
BCP3: FFFFFA60019EE798
BCP4: FFFFFA60019EE170
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini083009-01.dmp
C:\Users\-----\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-65052-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\-----\AppData\Local\Temp\WERF9A9.tmp.version.txt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The most recent thing I installed was Realplayer 11 and I uninstalled that already, but the blue screen still comes up. I use windows live onecare for my antivirus.

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
If these began fairly recently you can give "System Restore" a shot -- return to a date a few days before these began. You can always return to the most recent date if no help.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

Since almost all bugchecks can be caused by faulty ram, I would recommend you perform memory tests.

In Vista the command to perform a memory test is mdsched.exe

On reboot the the scanner press F1 for Advanced options and run the extended test.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.