Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had BF2 installed and played it a bit, then I uninstalled Battlefield 1942. When I then tried to play BF2 again, I popped in the disk and instead of saying "Play BF2" it had the "Install" button. I exited out of the autorun and just clicked on the shortcut and it entered the game. I soon found out that I was completely unable to play multiplayer, though could still play singleplayer (and yes my internet connection was fine).

I tried to uninstall BF2 but the uninstall wizard would be preparing itself and just crash. The Add - Remove Programs thing didn't work either. I manually deleted all associated files and folders and tried to reinstall. The Installshield Wizard asks what language I want, comes up with the BF2 logo, tries to prepare itself, and just crashes.

Even though I can see absolutly no BF or even EA file on my comp, when I go to the Add/Remove Programs, it says I still have 12mb of BF2 on my comp.

I still can't fully get rid of nor reinstall BF2. What's the problem here?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I had that exact same issue with battlefield 1942. This here can cause issues with other app. installs if you delete the wrong file so do it at your own risk. Show hidden files and folders. Look in the program files for 'Install shield installation information'. You'll see a bunch of folders with random numbers and letters as titles. You need to look through these folders to see which one has battlefield. They often aren't labled but you can see what the install is by looking at the 'Setup configuration settings'. Delete the file when you find that it is containing the battlefield setup. After that you may try and run 'RegCleaner'(freeware) and kill any registries containing battlefield.

Note: Leave the installshield deleted file in the recycle bin just in case you need to restore it for some reason.

Let RegCleaner back up the registry entries deleted.

This should work for you though.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Glad to see this has helped you(3 years after posting!). Many times people just get the fix and move on. I appreciate your taking the time to register and say thanks. You are welcome! :up:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.