Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brother Printer is on my wireless network. I can print excel, Word, etc but when I go and try to print a PDF, the progress screen on my PC starts at 0% and stays ther for about 5 sec, them immediately hops to 100% and disappears. The Printer lights up as if it is going to print, then the Printer goes back to ready and nothing prints. Any ideas?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What do you mean by "Application"? I have a PDF Document open and click on Print. The Printer lights up for a second like it is going to print, then goes back to ready. Only with PDF Documents.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Can you print web based PDF documents? Can you print a PDF document that is on your desktop?

What Adobe Reader version are you using?
What model Brother printer is it?

Have you changed/updated the printer drivers or the Adobe Reader version recently?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Try something: Control Panel > Printers > Properties > Advanced Tab > Change to: "Print directly to printer"

See if you can print PDF docs after the change.

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
What do you mean by "Application"? I have a PDF Document open and click on Print. The Printer lights up for a second like it is going to print, then goes back to ready. Only with PDF Documents.
I mean, what application are you using to open the PDF?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It sounds like you have updated your printer driver and also upgraded your Adobe Reader at about the same time. I doubt your printer/print driver is the problem. I suspect you may have a conflict with the new Adobe Reader conflicting with a previous Adobe Reader version.

I would first try doing this from Adobe: http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/

If the above doesn't work I would remove the latest version of Adobe Reader from your system (using Add/Remove). Oftentimes an older Adobe Reader version is still in your system, which was last used before the upgrade...and still may work allowing you to print PDF docs. If an older version is not in your system I would download Adobe Reader as a fresh install without an older version to cause a conflict in your system. If that doesn't work - remove all Adobe Reader versions and download an older version of Adobe Reader...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It worked!. When I selected "Print Directly to Printer" the document printed. What was the issue? Why did this change or what is causing the file not to print when this is not selected?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.