Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there folks,

I purchased my computer in 2002 over eBay from a seller who I am unable to contact. With it came installed the XP operating system.

I've had some problems recently, one being that my Creative Zen mp3 player software won't install, and it appears that I have to install the windows service pack (SP1 or SP2) patch. I've downloaded it but it will not install because apparently my serial number isn't valid.

I assume this is because the guy who sold me the pc had used his disc to install xp on several computers and MS has done something about it.

I hope that this doesn't conflict with forum rules when I ask if any of you out there can assist me in forcing the service pack to install. If there is something I can change in my computers settings to make the patch install can you please reply or contact me and let me know.

Many thanks...

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi,

I believe you are in conflict with the forum rules. I’m not a moderator, but since your problem also comes with a legal issue, you are violating the rules.

Your best bet would be to purchase a legal copy of Windows XP and install it. Then you will not have any further problems with the software validation.

Have a great day!

Shane

·
Super Moderator
46,552 Posts
This is a violation of the forum rules. Your only real options are either to go against the seller and make them furnish you with a valid xp lic OR just purchase the software yourself.
I know neither of these sounds real good to you, however we cannot assist with hacking windows validation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.