Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new computer that is installed with Windows Vista. My problem is, I want to install a screensaver that I found on the internet that I used on my old computer, and I downloaded it to my new computer, but Windows Vista won't let me use it as a screensaver, or it is not listed under the choices of screensavers that you can use. Can anyone help me figure out how to use this personal screensaver?

·
Registered
304 Posts
sorry rich.i have the solution.go into where you change the screen saver,click advanced or properties,there is a box that says"use folder".as long as you know where you downloaded the screensaver to,just follow the path to that file. ie c:/user/my documents/whatever/etc.let me know how you go.sorry if its a bit vague,i dont have laptop at the moment.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I too want to download and install screensavers to Vista. However, the place where you would change/select the screensaver does not have "advanced" or "properties" buttons. I want to know how to add a screensaver to the list of screensavers I currently have listed. Could you please check your directions again, Noodles71? Thanks.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
One needs to find out first if these screensaver are Vista compatible. You may find out that they are NOT and you need to have a new version.

·
Registered
91 Posts
OK.. thanks. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but I guess there are no other options. It's a shame that when you buy a bigger and "better?" computer, you have to give up so many things that you really enjoyed with the old one.

I do appreciate your response.

·
Registered
304 Posts
right click desktop > personalise > screen saver > settings.there's a box that needs to be checked(use video and photo's from:) and the browse button is next to it.follow the path to your folder with the screen saver in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.