Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey..

I need help..

I bought a 15 inch NEC lcd about a month ago and have been using it without any problems. Just this morning a red vertical line appeared about 7/8ths of an inch from the left. I have the latest driver with windows xp. The line doesn't seem to actually be on the desktop and it overlaps everything. I've also tried resetting the monitor configurations. Does anyone have any idea of how to get rid of the red line?

Thanks
Hoameng

·
Registered
95 Posts
IT seems that Part of your LCD monitor is not functioning Correctly. Under Normal Circumstances your monitor maybe do a POST ( power on self Test ) and the line is Initated that way. You may want to try Booting into Safe Mode and DOS prompt to see if the line goes away. If its does Its mostlikely a driver issue. If not then its the monitor and you should return it. Also try hooking up another monitor to it just to see if you have the same prob. JFYI you have Display adapters and Monitor Drivers make sure you have both up to date.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.