Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i dont no know whether this is the right place to post this problem so feel free to move it if necessary.

I have just purchased a Nas Drive, i have set it all up. The problem i have is i go to "My Computer" Then "Map Network Drive" i browse for the drive "Storage-0051" i click ok on that drive and it maps ok. When i go to use the drive later on i go to "My Computer" and the drive is visible but when i click on "Storage-0051" it just crashed the computer. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes but i dont know how to setup FTP to access folders over the web. I have gave the NAS a static ip address and forwarded port 21. But i dont know how to access the folders!!

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
I would recommend a good FTP client like Filezilla.

Make sure to read the documentation that came with the NAS regarding default usernames and passwords if any are needed.

Essentially, in the FTP client, you would enter the IP of the location you're trying to access, the port number (21 for FTP), and the username and password, unless you've allowed fro anonymous log-in.

Apparently, Windows has a built in FTP client that you can use through Internet Explorer, but I don't have Internet Explorer, so maybe someone else can pop in and help with that if you're interested in that solution.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.