Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a s-video cord to hook my lap top up to my television and it's not working for me. I've been trying for the past two hours, so I decided to reach out at this point. I've been hooking up my s-video to the tv and then to my lap top.

so here's what is going on. I've been going to connect to an external display. When I do, and I have to click on the advanced settings. and in the monitor tab there is GENERIC TELEVISION. When I click on it, it won't stay on the TV. I don't necessarily know what to do. I've even done the Fn + F5 like the Toshiba manually mentioned but just doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated!

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
The TV-out on your laptop is only for playing DVD-videos on the laptop's DVD-drive to watch on a television.

To run Windows & applications on an external display, buy a standard D-sub VGA cable, plug one end into the VGA port [Toshiba call this an RGB (monitor) port] on the rear panel of your laptop, then plug the other end into either a monitor or a dual PC/TV which has a D-sub VGA input. If the TV has no D-sub VGA input, you can't use it for that purpose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.