Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Japan, and recently got this mouse for about 40 bucks. My old Microsoft laser mouse (the 6000 model I think) was started to fall apart on me and stop working randomly, so I found the Elecom mouse and got it because it had a decent dpi (1600) and wasn't super expensive.

Now I'm starting to regret my purchase. I don't know why, but the mouse lags A LOT. When I first move it after idle it takes a second, which is ok, but there are times when I am using it and it lags or freezes up completely for as much as 3 seconds or so. It also slows or skips sometimes when I am moving it around the screen, either taking a huge movement to make the pointer move a small distance, or making a tiny movement move the pointer straight past what I was trying to click. My old laser mouse never had this kind of problem, so I am wondering if anyone can advise me on anything?

I'm not sure if there is signal interference, either through the desk or from other wireless objects, or if the mousepad (a black non-reflective one, but I also tried a freebie plastic one with white and blue and a picture on it) is messing up the laser, or if this is a sign that the battery is already dying, or what. I just got the mouse about a week ago, so this is pretty annoying, especially when I am trying to play games.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Wireless laser mice... *Sigh*

Just to rule anything else than the mouse itself being crappy, I would try for a while with the receiver on the end of a USB extension cable, as close to your mouse as possible, as straight on ahead as possible, on the same level of altitude, etc, etc. And with some new Duracell AAAs.

Just noticed something:
System requirements: a PC equipped with USB interface running on the following OS (Japanese OS only) Windows Vista® (incl. SP1) / Window® XP (SP2 - SP3) Mac OS X (10.5 - 10.5.6)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my OS is Japanese, I just have the English turned on because I am running ultimate. It doesn't require or even have any software or drivers to go with it either.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Yeeah. Try for the bad connection or low batteries. Other than that, it may just be bad design or a bad piece you received.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try these things out and let you know if it helped. I moved my receiver piece with a USB extension cord to be about an inch away from the mouspad, instead of several feet away, and I'll charge the batteries tonight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.