Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I have a laptop for 3 years and so.Since 2 months ago,I didn't have any kind of problem.Then,my ethernet driver stopped working properly and I took my laptop to a local service.Then(i dont know what they did to resolve the ethernet problem,but it was fine after),I've requested to install for my laptop Windows XP( i was having windows vista,but my laptop didnt come installed with it).After like 1 month,while I was playing a game(which i played and before for a time),I got some weird screen and the computer froze.I restarted it,rejoined the game and I got the same screen and the computer froze again.I restarted it again but I was surprised to see that now I got some green and blue lines on screen.The desktop's colours were all messed up.I reinstalled the graphics driver and updated it.The desktop's colours are fine now,only on startup I see them but not that much,just a few lines..Now,if i scroll down in an internet browser or my computer,i see it moving in waves and I cannot start any game.I would really appreciate for any kind of help.
ah and,here are my laptop's specs,(i noticed the graphics card has 1mb only,which is a bit strange,isnt it?:S)
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x86 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G, 1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 24999 MB, Free - 6570 MB; D: Total - 280235 MB, Free - 275687 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU SIEMENS, PTT50 , 8q8121127, 8D81063390.4A
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it doesnt look strange anymore,and i took it from nvidia's site.My problem is the moving in waves and the incapability of starting games.Also,the things that it says i got only 1 mb graphics card

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x86 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M G, 1 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 24999 MB, Free - 6570 MB; D: Total - 280235 MB, Free - 275687 MB;
Motherboard: FUJITSU SIEMENS, PTT50 , 8q8121127, 8D81063390.4A
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Uh,Fujitsu Siemens?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked over there and I saw that my windows isn't a supported version.There isnt a video driver for windows xp professional,just for windows vista and premium.Shall I change my windows?For a period ,the windows worked..Is the windows the cause of my problems?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will take that only in the ultimate phase.Any other suggestions(excepting installing win vista)?
Edit:I forgot to mention that it did appear the ,,blue screen of death'',that shows i got some error with nv4_disp.dll
Also,why does it write I have only 1 MB of graphics card?And if i run dxdiag if shows me that i got no video card,just some vga thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.