Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a black macbook (don't know the specs..sorry) anyways, when I log on to my administrator account, my background comes up but nothing else. My icons and tool bar won't show! I only get the little finder magnifiying glass on the top right corner and when I put my cursor there the little colored wheel shows up and it keeps on going forever. I can log in to the guest account I have but all my files are on the other and I can't access it! This has never happened before and it was working fine until that fateful day ;_; Please can anyone help!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Try popping the original install disc in the drive and restart holding the "C" key upon hearing the chime.

You will be booting up from the disc as opposed to the internal drive and you need to navigate through a few initial steps until you notice "Utilities" in the upper menu bar.

Click on it and select Disc Utility from the menu and then when DU launches, click on your hard drives icon in the left column and make sure you are in the First Aid tab.

You'll notice two items in the left column. The first is your actual computer and the second, indented one is your formatted/partitioned internal hard drive. Make sure you have this on selected and then click on Repair Permissions & then Repair DIsc.

I suggest you reboot twice after this and then see how things go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.