Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Windows XP. I was playing a game and left it in the computer for a few days. Playing it occasionally. It crashed a few times because of faulty custom content but I'm not sure if that's why this is happening.

Just today I was trying to write a few pictures I took on vacation to an empty CD-R. I took the game CD out and try to write the files but it said there was no space in the CD-R. I try with several other empty CD's as well as a couple of CD-RW's that I know are half full but the results are all the same. The computer seems think the game CD is still in there. Because game CD's aren't rewritable my computer won't let me rewrite any other CD's because it thinks it's the game CD. It still has the game CD's name beside the [D:]

What am I supposed to do about this? :(

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
TisiphoneStar said:
I have Windows XP. I was playing a game and left it in the computer for a few days. Playing it occasionally. It crashed a few times because of faulty custom content but I'm not sure if that's why this is happening.

Just today I was trying to write a few pictures I took on vacation to an empty CD-R. I took the game CD out and try to write the files but it said there was no space in the CD-R. I try with several other empty CD's as well as a couple of CD-RW's that I know are half full but the results are all the same. The computer seems think the game CD is still in there. Because game CD's aren't rewritable my computer won't let me rewrite any other CD's because it thinks it's the game CD. It still has the game CD's name beside the [D:]

What am I supposed to do about this? :(
That's interesting that the drive still shows the game CD in the tray. If you right click, and click 'open', what do you get? If you get a bunch of files, rt click, and click re-fresh.

If you get the game files, try to open them, and see what you get. Try also to delete them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.