Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone - I am a new member of the forum and hope that someone reading this might be able to help me with a problem I have with my computer.

When I start my computer a blue screen appear on my system and I could not start my computer
An error massage display on screen if you are displays its screen first time then restarts your computer
Some time my computer start and now after restarting my computer will not start

When this happens, I am unable to log off; the computer on/off button does not work when the screen freezes and I have to turn the computer off at the mains.

My computer runs on the Windows XP operating system.

I changed from Internet Explorer browser 6 to 7 yesterday but the problem of the computer screen freezing persists.

Any helpful advice on this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi and welcome,

Has the problem always been apparent or has it just started to happen recently?

After the bluescreen, is it asking you you would like to start in safe mode? If not, repeatidly press F8 as the computer is first started and it will come up with a menu asking you to select a boot mode. Select Safe Mode (no networking, initially).

Does it boot in Safe mode? Come back and let us know.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.