Tech Support Guy banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, thank you for letting me ask this through your webpage.
I don't know where to go. I am a advanced user and, I recently installed a new SSD chip in my new Lenovo V14 ADA model.
I have done this more than a couple times but this time, the SSD capacity (which is 256) now shows 13gb(13270mb).
Additionally, I went to Disk Management and there is no unallocated space left in my SSD, only the 13GB.

Is anyone so kind to help me ?????
Thank you in advance
Oscar
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
Hi, thank you for letting me ask this through your webpage.
I don't know where to go. I am a advanced user and, I recently installed a new SSD chip in my new Lenovo V14 ADA model.
I have done this more than a couple times but this time, the SSD capacity (which is 256) now shows 13gb(13270mb).
Additionally, I went to Disk Management and there is no unallocated space left in my SSD, only the 13GB.

Is anyone so kind to help me ?????
Thank you in advance
Oscar
Can you provide a screenshot of Disk Management?

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
Hmm... check it via diskpart to see if it sees the drive. To do that, go to command prompt, type diskpart and press enter. Then type list disk to confirm that the disk is DISK 1. If it is, type select disk 1 and press enter. Next, type list part and press enter to see if we can find the missing GB in either the disk or partition area.

Here is an example:
Font Multimedia Rectangle Screenshot Display device

(note: the free space is 0B because of the bitlocker encryption.)

If we cannot, then we will clean the drive and try formatting again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm... check it via diskpart to see if it sees the drive. To do that, go to command prompt, type diskpart and press enter. Then type list disk to confirm that the disk is DISK 1. If it is, type select disk 1 and press enter. Next, type list part and press enter to see if we can find the missing GB in either the disk or partition area.

Here is an example:
View attachment 300506

(note: the free space is 0B because of the bitlocker encryption.)

If we cannot, then we will clean the drive and try formatting again.

Light Screenshot Font Software Multimedia

There is no partitions to show.
It is really weird
What else can I do ?
Can I hard reset the SSD ? Or something like that ? It is an empty disk after all.
My intention is to move windows from the HDD to the SSD and have a new beggining.

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
OK, let's see if doing a reinitialize / reformat

In disk part do the following:
list disk (to confirm the disk)
select disk 1 (assuming that it's still disk 1)
clean (removes all information about the disk)
create partition primary (creates the partition)
format fs=ntfs quick (formats the drive with NTFS)

Check the drive again. If it shows 13GB then I suspect the drive may be defective.

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
OK, I think this is the problem. This is not a typical SSD. This has a 16GB memory and 256GB SSD storage. I think it needs special software for it to run. I will need to leave soon so if I don;t have the answer in the next few minutes I should by tomorrow. Check the Intel community board as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I think this is the problem. This is not a typical SSD. This has a 16GB memory and 256GB SSD storage. I think it needs special software for it to run. I will need to leave soon so if I don;t have the answer in the next few minutes I should by tomorrow. Check the Intel community board as well.

Are you saying my windows is reading the memory instead of the storage ?? I will look that up
I understand if you need to leave. Do you know anyone capable of helping me with this particular issue ?
Thank you so much!!!

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
This is a public forum with volunteers so hopefully someone has more experience with this type of drive than I do. @crjdriver is our resident hardware expert and maybe he has some experience in this. I have only seen these in consumer HP models but never had used one as of yet.

·
Super Moderator
43,961 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts