Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a ipod nano for the kid, installed itunes latest version7.2, I think. When I try to open it, fault comes up "itunes has experienced a serious fault and needs to close, please contact software vendor for assistance". Says the same thing for musicmatch. Tried to delete programs and reinstall but same fault comes up. Done a restore to an earlier date after removing, and removed file folders from Program files, then tried to reinstall, same fault. About out of ideas except to remove certain lines from the registry which may be corrupt pertaining to musicmatch and itunes (quicktime). Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Perhaps you should post this problem in the Multimedia forum or ask an administrator to move it for you. You may quite possibly receive a speedier response there.

Good luck !
Pete C.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Your going to have problems with Musicmatch and iTunes on the same machine and there's no work around that I know of. Since you have an ipod the better choice is iTunes since it's very hard to get Musicmatch to work with an ipod.

I would do complete uninstall of both programs and then reinstall iTunes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.