Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about 10 minutes or so after starting my computer my ping to google will rise to an average of about 95ms normally I sit around 50ish. In my process manager there will be two instances of svchost.exe SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, and NETWORK SERVICE. When I end one set of them my ping seems to drop to normal. I was wondering if this is a network problem or if it's deeper in as a windows problem, or possibly a security problem.

EDIT: And I would like some help :)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
MikeDG9488 said:
After about 10 minutes or so after starting my computer my ping to google will rise to an average of about 95ms normally I sit around 50ish. In my process manager there will be two instances of svchost.exe SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, and NETWORK SERVICE. When I end one set of them my ping seems to drop to normal. I was wondering if this is a network problem or if it's deeper in as a windows problem, or possibly a security problem.

EDIT: And I would like some help :)
svchost.exe/system will eat your cpu on startup, but typically it idles down after 3- 5 minutes. It's some MS sp2 services, supposedly being worked on at MS. Don't know if it's your problem or not, but here's some in-depth info...

http://forums.techguy.org/tech-tips-tricks/514811-slow-xp-boot-dig.html?highlight=slow+XP+boot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.