I have set up two accounts in outlook express
mine works perfectly but my partner is unable to receive or send emails
any ideas please
thanks
sue

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
hi... is the two different accts setup unders tools/accounts or under find/indentities...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.

to start with i set up another account, but i thought i had to use the username and password which my isp had given me. that didn't work - my emails came through ok but my partner's didn't. i tried to contact my isp but their accounts page was not available. so i tried my partner's username and password. that didn't work at first, which was when i posted my problem here. when i went back to outlook express - it suddenly did work!

the other prob i had was that both lots of emails came through to the same folder and i couldn't find a way of switching from one identity to another without setting up different user profiles for the computer (something i didn't want to do). in the end i made 2 folders in the inbox, one for me and one for him, and used inbox assistant which now sorts incoming emails into the 2 separate folders, according to who they are addressed to.

hope this helps someone else - but not everyone else is as stupid as me!
:D - sue

·
Registered
11,584 Posts
sueeverson
Thank you for the follow-up and claification. Stupidity is only in the questions not asked and we appreciate your response.
Also a little note: when you set up an alternate off the main account in your ISP it is not an instantanous update on the Server and may take up to a day for them to add it. That could explain why the sub-account all of a sudden started working.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.