Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

Firstly, it started this week -- I turn the computer on and I hear the machine go, and everything sounds as normal, however the monitor stays black. Usually when the monitor is active, the light will be a green, and when it's in stand bye, hibernation or just after the computer has shut down, it turns more yellow.
What's wrong with the monitor? I thought at first it was a problem with the monitor because this monitor is actually a cheap one according to my dad who bought it. Then after reading a couple of threads related to monitor issues, I thought it might be the video card, graphics card or both. My next thought was that it might be a virus.

Secondly, this has been going on for nearly a month -- If I'm burning a CD (doesn't matter whether it's for music, data or both), the CD tray opens even though the burn isn't even half way from being complete, yet the numbers that represent how far into the burn it's gone, still go up as though there's a CD inside. When it happens, I press the open/close button to close the tray, but it stays open. The annoying thing is, one day I'll be able to burn a CD fine, but then another day when I go to burn a CD, this problem happens and the only way to get the CD tray to close again is to restart or turn the computer off and start it up again. I have tried to just gently push the tray so that it automatically closes itself, but it doesn't respond and however far I push it in, it just stays in that position (and you have to apply more than the usual amount of pressure to close it). I have also tried to just push it in completely but if I do that and press the open/close button, it doesn't open again. If have to restart the computer or just turn it off completely and start it up again.

So... after that very long entry, anyone have any ideas, guidance and suggestions?
I don't have money to build a new system (not that I know how, but my next computer I want to be custom built. Though this system I have currently is custom built as well, it's just getting on with age a bit).

Thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.