Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I try to restart Windows Vista Home Premium on my Sony VAIO laptop computer, I get multiple blue-screen errors such as,"UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME," "PROCESS1_INITILIZATION_FAILED," and "Video drive failed to initialize." Also, the hard drive is making unusually loud clicking noises when I try to turn it on. Safe mode will not work, when I try to use it, the hard drive continues with the clicking noises. The first error message I received stop appearing and the computer actually booted up when I left it alone for awhile in it's cycle of "restart, show loading screen, display error message, restart." Could it be a problem with my virus software? I am using shareware virus software though. Just now, when I left it on for a while and it must have continued though its never-ending cycle at least 10 to 15 times, I heard the noise Vista makes when it boots up, you know, the "chime." The desktop displayed and everything, but it did this after the first error message, as I said. Moreover, whenever I try to access my file folder through the program “Folder Lock,” it opens for a second then the blue screen appears displaying yet another error, this time nameless. The error from attempting to open the folder doesn’t have a title as far as I can remember. How do I prevent it from displaying the error messages again, even though it is working now? I am thinking to use my repair CD, but I can't seem to find it. This other problem I have might be off my topic but, I will say it anyway. Why is it that you cannot have both Folder Lock and System Mechanic Professional 7 installed in your computer at the same time? Why is this? I receive an error message telling me I cannot.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Brian.

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
"unusually loud clicking noises" is NOT normally good news. I would back up ALL of your data, and then try a "System Recover" and reset it back to factory settings.

Sony does NOT provide a Repair CD (DVD for Vista) for their systems. You should be able to restore the system from the "D" recover drive. Just go to the VAIO Recover Center and select the wanted option from the list.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.