Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was skimming through the other posts involving Hijackthis logs and I decided, that for mine, I want to try to explain what I have noticed and done that persuaded me to post my HJT Log.

Here we go.
On the morning of Wednesday, June 15th I just finished watching the cowboy bebop movie, "knockin' on heaven's door" on my desktop so I started up real rhapsody and began listening to foo fighters when suddenly the song stopped!
Suddenly, I realized that my system was running very slowly.

Like before, I immediately started up the newest version/update of AdAware. After running a full system scan and deleting over a hundred spyware objects, I assumed the problem was solved, but after I rebooted, nothing had changed! For the rest of the evening, I just went through my system and manually deleted /uninstalled programs that might have caused the problem. But nothing changed.

Then, I turned off my computer and went to go see batman begins. When I returned and upstarted my PC, I was first presented with a blue screen that states the following:

"A fatal error in IE has occured at 0020:C0011E36 in VXD<01>+00010E36
error was caused by
Trojan-Spy.HTML.SmitFraud.c"

What does that mean?
Then I noticed that my active desktop was replaced with a WARNING popup/wallpaper that (translated) states:

"WARNING! YOUR IN DANGER!
SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!"

At the bottom is a "removal instructions" link that takes me to a site that says I have to pay $20 for a spyware removal, and quite frankly, I am (cough) broke (cough)

all last night, I have ran AdAware, Spybot search and destroy (which, by the way states that there are no immediate problems. Can you believe that?) and lastly, I ran microsoft's anti-spyware beta and nothing has changed.

Believe it or not, microsoft's anti-spyware beta picked up/"supposedly"deleted 40+ objects containing "Trojan" but nothing has changed.

Then I heard about a "Safe mode", but I have no idea what that means and/or how to use it.

Other problems include: Everytime I click on most links I am redirected to a clicksearchclick link with links to the words I click.
Secondly, Even though I use firefox, every few minutes I get an IE popup that reminds me I have a virus on my system.

I have no idea how this could have happened in such a short amount of time. I didn't even do anything (out of the ordinary that is)

So, If anyone can help me get my computer out of this ditch, below is my HiJackthis Log...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.