Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a problem with MSworks.
I want the pages to number consecutively, but when I put in the starting page number, it puts the same page number on every page!
I am writing a book, so there will be a lot of pages.
Help!!

·
Registered
885 Posts
You may have heard the old proverb, "A workman deserves the best tools". That came immediately to mind as I read your question. MSWorks is a very capable program for "in-house" documents; writing notes or letters, even some term-papers- but it may not be the best tool for writing a book (assuming the book is a document you will share with others).

MSWord and its free alternative, OpenOffice, are better suited to the job- especially if advanced features might be employed in the writing process. The .doc format is better supported in the industry (OpenOffice has it's own open format which has not yet been universally supported- thus I stick with .doc, and OpenOffice supports this as a drop-down format choice, or can be pre-selected as your main choice). Open Office is totally free-- and all updates (& all future updates) are free as well.

The feature-set of MSWorks will limit you in the kind of project to which you refer. A professional writing project (or professional writer) deserves a professional writing program with its full feature-set.
http://www.openoffice.org/

good luck in your writing project
lethworth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.