Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I've got back from holiday, my MSN Messenger won't work. It's setup to sign in as Appear Offline, automatically at startup but when the pop-up e-mail notification came up it would only go half way and crash. Leaving the window on the screen and everytime I roll over it there is an hour glass and if I click nothing happens. The MSN Messenger icon in the corner of the screen remains stuck with his billboard up in the air.

I tried uninstalling MSN and installing again, however since MSN Messenger isn't available anymore I downloaded and installed its new incarnation - Windows Live Messenger.

This is exactly the same, I now have a Live Messenger pop-up telling me I have e-mail but nothing I can do will remove it or let me into my e-mail. I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL it away. If I try and double click on the green man icon, even before it has finished signing in and produced the pop-up it won't even let me in.

It has become very unstable and crashes every time I try to use it, whereas the rest of my Windows Experience is fine. All other programs are running well, I did a Disk Cleanup / Spyware check and everything is OK on those fronts. It must be the program but I can't think why, I just want to get it working again.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Many thanks in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.