Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull my hair out. I use Win XP Pro-MSN dialup internet access-and a hotmail.com email address.For some reason MSN will no longer let me send or receive emails that have attachments in the .jpeg or .jpg format. I get the error "access to the following potentially unsafe attachments has been blocked". I can go to the hotmail.com website and login to my email account & send these files just fine. The hotmail site uses Trendmicro.com virus scanning while MSN uses McAfee. I spent all afternoon trying to work with MSN tech support on this. They had me change everything except my underwear & would never consider the problem was theirs. This problem has only started occurring within the last few weeks. The files I am trying to send are family photos I've taken with a Sony digital camera & are not infected with any virus. Does anyone else have this problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I should have put in my post that I use MSN Explorer-MSN mail. However it also happens using Outlook Express if I send the mail through MSN. I can use Outlook Express & log into my mail through the hotmail.com site & it works fine.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
It could be McAfee. Don't know why it would start suddenly. But it has caused problems in the past.

This is a direct quote from a person that had a problem:

"Right click on desktop CLOCK and click on TASK MANAGER. Click on PROCESSES and scroll down until you see McVSEscn.exe, click to highlight this line and then click END PROCESS. A warning window will then pop up -- click "YES". That should fix the problem as it did for me. McAfee support said the fix will not interfere with the virus scan."

They do have a patch available, now. To search McAfee forums for help:
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php

sekirt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.