Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know I should have waited awhile for the bugs to get out of MSN messenger (As my brother has pointed out to me.........) but I didn't. :( Now, it will come on, show who is on line, and whether I have mail at Hotmail, but when I click anywhere in the window to contact on-line buddies, the whole computer freezes up! I un-installed, using the add/remove programs, and re-installed. Didn't help. Using Windows 98, and had no problem with previous MSN. And Yes, I did download the Windows 98 version and not the one for XP. I can access it using Trillian, just fine, but maybe that is the old version that Trillian is using? Any ideas? At this point, I would be happy to just go back to the old MSN.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Eddie; that at least confirms what I was beginning to suspect, and at least I know now it isn't something I was doing... or not doing! I have deleted it, and am just using Trillian for now, which lets me use AIM, Yahoo, and MSN, so it is just as well. Good lesson for me to wait a bit longer to try something new, and let the bugs get worked out first!! Toby

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.