Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MSIE error

796 views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  robertr2 
#1 ·
I am using Charter @Home cable access along with WinME, and a computer with a lot of horse power.
When I access the internet using MSIE6 directly I get way to many MSIE errors mostly pointing to user32.dll errors.
However when I access through @Home I don't get these errros.
Any ideas?

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Yes, if I start at @Home I get no errors, but I do when I start with the MSIE icon.
Here is some additional information. This is the message(s) I receive:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Microsoft Internet Exploere has encountered a problem and has to close.We are sorry for this inconvenience.ETC,ECT.
Please tell Microsoft about this problem. ( Here it gives me an option to send an error report to MS). http://watson.microsoft.com/dw/1033/dcp.asp. I went to this URL but it was no help.
Here is what the error report contained:
ERROR SIGNATURE
AppName:iexplore.exe AppVer:6.0.2600.0 ModName:usr32.dll
ModVer:4.90.0.3000 Offset:000059ea
Thank you for your reply.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Bob Burns

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hi Dan,
Thanks for the reply.
I don't know why the link won't work, but if you copy and paste or type in the URL it will work. (At least it did for me).
In my previous post I quoted exactly the error message I received. If that is not what you want or is not enough information please let me know, and I will try to be of more help.
Bob Burns

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Why do you suppose that I get these errors using MSIE directly, but not when I access using @Home? Aren't I using MSIE even though I accessed it through @Home?
Thanks for the links. I will take a look at them.
Bob Burns

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Dan,
Thanks for your suggestion. I think I will try to reinstall MSIE and if that doesn't work maybe reinstall @Home too.

aerain,
Thank you too.
Since you work for @Home what is the latest rumor concerning Charter @Home going bankrupt?

Bob Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.