Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone.

I have been in the process of trying to eliminate as many programs running in the background as possible.

When I go into the start menu in misconfig, I notice that some items are listed twice, is there a reason for this?

For everything that is listed twice, can one of them be un-checked without causing a problem?

I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks again.

larry_373

·
Moderator (deceased) Gone but never forgotten
47,973 Posts
Hi

It's late, but I would suggest DL'ing startupcop and posting the results of the search here. Then someone smarter than me can tell you! ;)

John

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bassetman and joe2cool for your suggestions, I have been to the site you listed, in fact that is where I got all my information on what was needed and what could be un-checked.

However, it does not mention anything on there about duplicate entries, except to say that if a program is not needed and it is listed twice to un-check them both.

My question is, if a program is needed and is listed twice, is it safe to un-check one of them? why would anything be listed twice? (exact same file name)

I started out with about 25 items, now I am down to 10 and it has boosted my performance from about 60% to 92%.

Thanks again.

Larry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.