Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new PC came with XP Media Edition and MS Works pre-loaded.
I created two XP user accounts - user A has adminstrator rights, user B does not.
I loaded Front Page 2000 under User A and this works OK, It was NOT loaded for User B, who does not require it.

MS Works has been installed for User A and works fine. Under user B however, if you select Works from the Start Menu (or click on the icon on the desktop), the Windows Installer pops up and starts trying to install Front Page (why??) After a short while it fails with a pop-up error message "Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product Front Page 2000. The Windows Installer could not continue". If you click the 'continue' button, then it closes the pop-up and tries the process again - with the same result. This happens 2 or 3 times, after which it then just goes on to run Works anyway.

Why does this happen? Is there anyway to prevent it other than just by installing FrontPage again in that user, which I don't really want to have to do. :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.