Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (hopefully) have attached a crude drawing of my Network setup, you may have to rotate the pdf to landscape, I couldn't figure out how to make it do that automatically.:rolleyes:

Router A: 8-port wired, connected to Internet
DHCP on
Serves Whole Home + Game Consoles + printserver

Router B: {DI-624} 4-port + Wifi, connected to router A
DHCP on
Serves Farm in my closet (yes, I understand what kind of a geek that makes me:cool:)

Os rundown:
Lan A: MCE2005
Lan B: Vista, XPpro, Win2k, maybe slack.

The Problem is having Workgroup Computers communicate from Lan A, To Lan B. All computers are assigned to the workgroup "RUBACON", and not currently but soon will all have static ip's.

Goofing around and I stumbled on the one entry on the routing table of Router A (see attachment), which allows all computers on Lan B to access internet, and their programs (mirc, avast, utorrent, etc.) haven't complained either.

Each individual Lan respectfully communicates within their workgroups, however neither crosses over to the other Lan.

To answer the first obvious fix; Changing router "B" to a switch by disabling DHCP: Not an option, as I would lose a port on the router due to uplink not working on the wan port. I need the 4 ports for four computers.

2nd Obvious Fix; Buy a Switch: Not an option, I'm Poor:( (all my equipment I've collected since I was 16)

BTW, all my cat5e cable connecting this shindig is in wall, (between 3ft.-90ft. runs) I put it in during the homes construction, so if any solutions require re-wiring, we could just throw those out now too.

My guess is maybe I need a routing table on Router B?? This is all Latin to me anyhow, if anybody is willing to help, you may have to take it slow.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.