Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to setup a field in a word templet/form that will auto fill in another field when the data is entered. I would like to type in the name field and have it fill in the same name in all the name fields on the form. I would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks..

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
You can use "Reference" (REF) form fields to accomplish what you want. I will give you the basic steps of creating one and you'll have to play around with it on your own to learn the rest.

Click VIEW--> TOOLBARS --> FORMS

From the Forms Toolbar insert a text form field by clicking the button labeled ab Double click the newly inserted field and check the box marked "Calculate on Exit." Make note of the bookmark name that is assigned to this newly inserted field (By default it will be named Text1, Text2, etc)

After inserting text form field hit enter several times to move down a few lines in the document.

From file menu across the top of your document click INSERT--> FIELD. Choose the category "Links and Reference" and choose field name "REF." Next click the options button and from the Bookmark listbox select the bookmark name that you want this new field to reference. With the bookmark name highlighted click the "Field Codes" button and make sure the proper reference has been set it should say something like REF Text1. Click OK to create the reference. Now protect the form document by clicking TOOLS --> PROTECT DOCUMENT --> FORMS. Now type some text into the first field you added and click TAB. You will now see that whatever text you type in the first form field will also appear in the newly added refererence field. Hope this helps!

Rollin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.