Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making home movies from my mpeg2 video clips downloaded from my Sony DSC-W1 5mp digital camera from a 12-in one memory card reader to my Dell dimension 2400 PC using windows XP-home edition;my digicam uses memory stick pro cards; I edit my video clips in roxio easy media creator 7 and then burn the movies onto various brands of DVD-R & DVD+R 4.7gb blank discs ;using a Sony OEM version DVD-RW drive;its model is DW-D26A-B2; my problem is when I play back these disks on my computer DVD drive and my DVD players the videos skip; or the sound is out of sync with the video or it gets stuck and the video freezes, I have also edited and burned mpeg2 videos using the software program that came with my DVD-RW drive,(it is Sony NTI-DVD maker gold) and I have the same playback problems, I talked to some one in an electronics store and they suggested I might be low on RAM on my computer, right now I have 384MB of RAM on my computer, is this the problem? I have noticed when I was editing in roxio that the clips opened in my documents in windows did get stuck or jump and skip when they were in the story board editing panel; I burn them at high quality or the best roxio has to the DVDs.any input would help as my hard disc space is filling up with these clips. I checked my hard disc space and it read;26.8GB used & 47.6GB free & capacity;74.4GB and roxio's minimum system requirements is 256MB RAM & 1GB available hard disc space for every 5 minutes of video for video capture & 4.5GB available hard disc space for copying DVD-video discs, does my computer meet these requirements does it mean I need 256mb alltogether on the coputer or do I need this much while I am editing or burning in roxio's program? I capture my photos & video clips from my Sony digicam using the software that came with this camera as I have been told that this is the best. Also, does the brand of blank DVD-R & +R make any difference? which is best for mpeg2 movies?+R or -R discs? thank you for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.