Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been happening for the past few months.

Sometimes, I'll download an MP3 from Kazaa and when I go to play it in Winamp or Windows Media Player (version 9), it will play for 1-20 seconds and then it'll go into some weird, loud, schreeching sounds. While this is happening, the bit rate gradually gets lower and lower.

For example, I downloaded three versions of the same song today and this happened in every one.

I know this is not a problem isolated to my PC because it happens to everyone I know and they all use different progs.

Someone had a "conspiracy theory" that it was a virus-like thing that will scramble a file as you're downloading it if it's by a certain artist.

Now, at first that seemed pretty impossible to me, but perhaps it's possible?

Anyway, does anyone here have a theory or solution?

Thanks.

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
Stop pirating songs and that problem will stop. You're downloading files that the RIAA has "doctored" and put in circulation to annoy folks stealing music...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by johnwill:
Stop pirating songs and that problem will stop.
Listen, man. It's everyone's right to have an opinion about the whole pirating issue, but there's no need to come on here and get upset about it to someone who's just asking a question.

I'm 16 years old and I don't have the money to go out and buy $20 dollar (Canadian) CD's everytime I want to hear a particular song.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Mystik_TK, please read our forum rules again, what you are asking is not supported here, I'm sure you can find help elsewhere. When you are 18 years old and have a job, I'm sure you'll want to be paid for YOUR services.....see the point ;)

Closing thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.