Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Trusted Advisor
86,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you are currently using Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.4, the install of Mozilla Firefox 2.0 Beta 1 will not interfere with nor overwrite 1.5.0.4.

2.0 Beta 1 will install in a separate folder in C:\Program Files and will allow you to run it independent of 1.5.0.4.

This appears to be an ideal way of checking out 2.0 Beta 1 without losing 1.5.0.4.

You can download 2.0 Beta 1 from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Trusted Advisor
86,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's working fine for me for what it gets used for. And like I previously said, it doesn't overwrite or interfere with the 1.5.0.4 version, so it's like having 2 separate Firefox browsers in your computer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
9 Posts
yea, i think that's normal behavior on the Firefox download and installs. Whenever I've updated to the next version of Firefox, it would simply install into a new directory, leaving my previous install untouched. Even better, during the installation of the latest and greatest Firefox version, it would ask me if I would like to import my bookmarks from my previous versions! Gotta Firefox... Good stuff...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.