Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
what are some programs to edit movies. Like cutting parts out and sticking them together into one short movie. Can VirtualDub do this? and does anyone know why this happens :

i try to cut peices of the movie to make a short clip (the fight scenes) and the sound is misplaced. Like If he says hi, his mouth isn't even moving and when his mouth moves it doesnt have him saying hi. Is there a solution to this? :confused:

· Registered
217 Posts
virtual dub is not best for this things. either try windows moviemaker or TMPGEnc. the later one is the best foe simple cut and merge. first encode the file to mpeg using it. then go to mpeg tools under file menu and select cut and merge option

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how come it has no sound when i encode it with TMPGEnc. I used "System (Video+sound)" and there is still no sound. it comes out as video without sound. Can anyone help me?

· Registered
396 Posts
Ur best bet is Virtualdub. It is made to handle video files. After u open the file with virtualdub, u can do to it almost anything u can imagine. The only minus point i can see is that u can save the resulting file in only AVI format.

If u want to save the file as mpg or dat, then i suggest u use two very simple programs. These work only if ur original file is mpg or dat. The first one, VCD Cutter, lets u cut out the clips u want. the second one, Easy Video Joiner ( also try Camel's MPEGJoin) joins them. get them here: http://www.dawnload.net/video_software/video_tools/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.