Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem in Win98 with my mouse. What happens is when I'm in certain apps the mouse pointer will get stuck on the screen. However when I move the mouse around it still appears to be there just not with the cursor. For instance when I drag it to the bottom of the screen the taskbar will pop up (auto hide). Has anyone ever seen this? Here are my computer specs:

Pentium III 600
768mb Ram

Thanks in advance,

Jnar

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hi Jnarwed

A number of things you could try:

First, does another mouse work okay on your system or not?

Second, you should do a virus scan to rule out the possibility of a gremlin in the works. Make sure your AV software is up to date.
If you have no AV program go to Here for an on-line check.

Third, you could take out the sub-entry for the mouse in Control Panel - System - System Properties - Device Manager - Mouse and reboot - Windows will find it again and this may stabilise any driver errors or conflicts.

I'm assuming here that you are using a standard serial mouse. If you have a mouse with specific drivers you could try re-installing them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believed I fixed the problem. I'm almost positive that it was a virus. It was some kind of Trojan virus that screws with the Registry. Thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Jnar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.