Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time, I thought my computer had trouble booting up whenever I pressed the power button because I wouldn't see anything on the screen until after a few hard resets. But just recently I realized that my computer is booting up okay, but my monitor wasn't always activating. When pressing the power button, I would hear the familiar 'beep', the front LEDs flashing, the DVD drive whirring, and all my USB devices lighting up, but my monitor (Samsung SyncMaster 152T) would be blank and its power light would be flashing on and off (indicating receiving no signal). I would get into Windows though and hear startup sounds through my speakers, but nothing on the screen.

Like I said, it would take a few hard resets to finally see the POST screen. What is the most likely problem? Video card? Monitor? Cable? I'm using DVI on my dual DVI Asus V9180 ViVo. Tried both ports but no difference. I currently don't have access to another monitor or video card to test them. When my screen eventually appears, I get no video problems up until the next bootup.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Update your Video Card. Get the details of the card from Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display -> Go to your manufacturers website -> see if there's an update out.

Is your monitor turned on then you turn on the computer? or do you turn on the computer then the monitor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Teck said:
Update your Video Card. Get the details of the card from Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Display -> Go to your manufacturers website -> see if there's an update out.

Is your monitor turned on then you turn on the computer? or do you turn on the computer then the monitor?
I'm using the latest drivers. I turn on my monitor first and then turn on the computer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.