Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monitor turns off immedialy after windows starts

1K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  SepiasSoul 
#1 ·
I cannot figure this out. I turn on my computer, everything loads and runs like normal. The windows bar thing runs (im running SP2) and then when the actual GUI is about to come up the monitor turns off. The monitor says to check my connections... been there done that. Ive tried 3 different monitors and all do the same thing. The computer isn't going to sleep either because it wont wake up no matter what. Its got to be a program or virus something because i can start in safe mode. Ive run nortons to no avail, and with the latest update. If you have any clue whats going on PLEASE tell me.

Sepais

#7 ·
Alright ill try it. Ive got anouther scan running so ill try when its finished. Have you heard of any viruses or anything else that has come up causing a problem like this? What it seems like to me is that something is turning off the data flow to my graphics card.

#9 ·
ive tried symantec, that was the first place i went, also tried google. neither had anything. I find it very hard to beleive that I would be one of the first to get hit by a virus, then again my pc has been on for just about 24 hours a day for the past few weeks. grrr hope i can figure this out or i wont sleep at all. Thanks for your help.

#10 ·
Bob, you may just have been right about the video card... I did disable a few questionable start up items but it boots just fine to my old geforce card. lemme try my newer one again and see if it still doesn't work. If it doesn't got any suggestions for a new card?

Thanks for everything,

Sepais

#11 ·
It was my graphics card... but oddly enough when I got back into regular windows nortons antivirus was currupted and had to be reinstalled as well as personal firewall. After those were reinstalled I got a whole slew of critical errors one stemming from the cpu receiveing bad data and most of the others were device drivers. o well its working now and running alright. Thanks for the help Bob, and if you have a suggestion on a fairly good video card on the lower price range, under $200 ,i would appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Sepias

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.