Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gateway dx4831 with windows 7. The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster 2333hd. They have worked fine for the past year and a half, but today the computer turned itself off and when I tried to boot it back up, the monitor says no signal. I don't know what to do

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
Start with the easy stuff--check that the cable is still connected securely.

Does the computer seem to boot?

Can you try the monitor with another computer or the computer with another monitor?

·
Super Moderator
82,234 Posts
The device that you are using to post here does not have the necessary port to connect the monitor?

"the computer turned itself off" plus "the monitor says no signal" plus "don't hear anything through my speakers" makes me think memory, power supply or motherboard problem.

I am not very good with hardware issues, so somebody else will probably have better ideas and advice.

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
This sounds like a power supply problem to me. Fans, Lights Optical Drives opening and closing can alll happen when a power supply can no long provide the power required to operate the rest of the system. If you don't hear any beeps at start up, or see the Lights on the keyboard blink, I would say Power Supply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.