Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a backup computer that I rebuilt out of old and new parts. My problem is with the monitor. The computer boots up just fine, monitor works, and everything, and shuts down properly, too. However, when I install a new program or make some kind of change that requires me to reboot, the computer reboots, but the monitor remains black. This also happens if I go into BIOS at boot time to make changes. After I have made and saved the changes, the computer boots (I'm pretty sure it does, anyway), but the monitor remains black. This happens during the WinXP installation when reboots are required, also. The monitor is at least twelve years old, but still works well. It is one of the early Energy Star compliant monitors (CRT, of course), a 17 inch (you wouldn't believe what it cost in 1994, at which time it drew a lot of admiration from all who saw it). The name on the monitor is Elite. The motherboard is a Mach Speed V2DP, powered by an AMD 2400+ Sempron. Memory is 512 MB of PC 2700. I have been told that it may be power scheme issues, although I don't see any changes that I could make in Power Options that would do anything. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't. The only other one in the house is a 19" CRT, one floor away. The video adapter is the on-board that came with the motherboard. The drivers are installed from the MB driver disc.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you shamed me into it. I lugged the beast upstairs and it worked fine, so I guess it's just an issue with the old monitor. Thanks for the input, and sorry to have wasted your time. I'm still sweating, though.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would have been a thought, too, EasY_TargeT. But I guess I'll just put an LCD on the wishlist, right behind the new wireless router, new hdd, new DVD burner, etc. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.