Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my dad has an old Dell monitor that has vertical white lines and the screen is squished left and right. The hard disc seems to be working ok. If I turn it on and move a window left and right, the window looks like it's passing a convex glass to a normal glass and then back to convex. Left and right side of monitor are distorted but the middle seems fine. Is this a video card problem? If so, how much will it cost to replace?

Thank you guys!

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
well plug the monitor to a graphics card if you have one and then later on into defalt mobo graphics if same issue then its the monitor, to test that you need to plug that to a lappy/pc
video cards fromm 20 quid to 500 !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Daz.

I don't have graphics card or mobo graphics. I have a laptop but it runs on Windows 7 while my dad's desktop is a Windows XP. Will it work? How can I instruct to run his desktop rather than my laptop?

What do you mean by 20 quid to 500?

·
Banned
2,664 Posts
Is this a video card problem? If so, how much will it cost to replace?

took it was video card you meant graphics card and how much was relating to graphics card

try plugging monitor to lap[top

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what the problem is.

If I plug his Windows XP desktop into my Windows 7 laptop, will it damage mine because of different operating systems? And, how can I instruct my laptop to run his and not mine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.