Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this new monitor. I plugged it in and it works and everything, but my computer isnt recognizing that im using a new monitor. For example, when i go here

the compaq 7550 is my old monitor, my new one is the samsung syncmaster 941bw.
The new monitor came with a cd but the installation program isnt executing properly or something. When i try to run it, i see a box that says samsung in it for a second but then it goes away and nothing happens.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Click on START, click on CONTROL PANEL.
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Click on the Hardware tab.
Click the DEVICE MANAGER button.
Once you have Device Manager open, select VIEW from the toolbar menu and then click Resources by Type.

Find your old monitor and remove it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
schusterjo said:
Click on START, click on CONTROL PANEL.
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Click on the Hardware tab.
Click the DEVICE MANAGER button.
Once you have Device Manager open, select VIEW from the toolbar menu and then click Resources by Type.

Find your old monitor and remove it.
I actually couldn't find either monitor in that list. I checked about 3 times .:eek:

·
Registered
22,466 Posts
In Device Manager choose update driver and put cd from new monitor in to cd drive, then choose update driver and "install from a specific location" then device monitor, and "have disk" and browse to driver cd and choose your monitor driver (.inf) and apply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.