Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i run win2k advanced server with SP4 and exchange chat server 5.5
what i'm trying to do, is create a specific user group called 'Guides' with similar permissions to that of a chat guide in MSN. i can easily create the user group in both the 'Computer Management - Local Users and Groups' and in the chat server control panel in 'Console Root - Accounts' (i can even create a chat user account in User Classes).
the problem i am having, is setting the permissions i want to set in my created group. there simply isn't a place to do it. the closest is in User Classes, where i can specify some arguements, but not the ones i'm looking for.
The server recognises the levels of administrator and sysop, and they have full access to all the rights and priveledges of those ranks, and full use of those cmds. my question is, where are those permissions set in the group? because in properties for those accounts, no such thing is specified.
For example, where does it specify that the user group 'Chat Sysop' has the right and priveledges that it does? i created the group 'Guides', but i see nowhere to specify the permissions for the group. So, if i wanted a 'guide' to have auto status in all channels, there's nowhere i can set that permission, or any permission for the group.

i'm looking for a way to add the permissions i want to set for the group i created. any and all help greatly appreciated, thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.